Hello my dear fans, friends, and family,
- It’s a fact that the more web traffic a campaign gets, the higher up its ranking will receive on Indiegogo, which means more potential backers get to see it.
- Because of this I’m asking you to contribute to my campaign on March 12th, even if you’ve have given before on the previous campaign.
- Even if you can only give $1.00 to the new campaign it generates more traffic, which helps it to be seen by more potential donors.
- $1.00 really does help.
- Essentially, 50 contributions for $1 is better than One contribution for $50 as far as driving traffic to the web site is concerned.
- When others back a project, potential backers start to feel more secure, it seems to add a level of security and trust in an artist and their project.
- PLEASE DON’T WAIT UNTIL AFTER MARCH 12th!!
- Statistics show that those who are able to secure 30% of their contributions in the first couple of days after they launch from their initial crowd will more than likely be successful and actually get more contributions.
- ONE LAST THING!!
- See the list of perks we will be offering to donors at the bottom of this message.
- Thunder – Full Album (Digital and CD)
- Your Name on the Album Credits
- Pizza Party and Live Concert Performance of the Album
- Concerts In Your Home
Musician and singer Rick Lee James is all set to carry on the legacy of Rich Mullins, the American contemporary Christian music singer, and songwriter, best known for his worship songs “Awesome God” and “Step by Step”. In the summer of 2017, in the middle of writing and planning a new studio album, James received a phone call from Rich Mullins’ first publisher Randy Cox. Randy kindly asked if there would be a place for some of Rich Mullins’ unpublished music on James’ new record. After hearing the Mullins’ song ‘Thunder’, James gladly committed to recording it. With the lyrics, “It sounded like thunder when you cleared the temple”, Thunder sets the tone for the entire project. This new album is designed to shake things up a bit.
To meet the financial needs for this new full-length album, James has started a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo.com with a goal of $10,200. As an emerging artist who has been deeply inspired by the music and life of Rich Mullins, the project means a lot to him and he is ready to put his heart and soul into it.
Rick is a worship leader, singer, and songwriter, author, speaker and Podcast host with over twenty years of experience in the ministry. He also had the privilege to share the gospel through music to various venues such as the world-famous Ryman Auditorium and the National Worship Leader Conference. Even with the experience he has, James has both great elation and caution when approaching the music of a CCM icon like Rich Mullins. “Rich Mullins is to Christian music what Bob Dylan is to secular music”, says James. “There’s a great deal of pressure not only to be true to what Rich envisioned but to make something that his fans can be proud of”.
In addition to the lost music by Rich Mullins, this new album will be filled with James’ own original songs, re-imagined hymns, and congregational music that deals with tough issues like loving our enemies and learning how to lament in worship.
The album is being made at Old Bear Studio in Buffalo, New York with the popular rootsy folk group, Brothers McClurg, as the backing band. Rich Mullins’ song ‘Thunder’, and an original song by James called “The Love of Christ” have already been recorded. Once the album is fully funded, Rick will head back to New York in March to finish the project with producer Chris Hoisington. The funds raised from the campaign will be used to cover the costs of paying for studio time, musicians, engineers, photographers, videographers, and various other productions costs.
The backers of the album receive will various perks by supporting the campaign, such as free signed copies of the CD, personalized gifts from Rick’s private media collections, guest spots on the Voices In My Head Podcast, an autographed electric guitar, a trip to the recording studio and much more.
Information about the campaign can be found at Indiegogo.com.
Campaign Address: https://igg.me/at/RichMullinsThunder
First off, I want to wish you a very happy Thanksgiving.
Because I am thankful for you I want to let you know that “Hymns, Prayers, and Invitations” is available for free this week on Noisetrade.
The only way to get it is if you go to this link:
And to help you get more Christmas shopping out of the way, I’ve put some goodies on sale over on Amazon. CD’s Books, and Live Concert DVD’s are on sale for only $4.99 plus shipping.
Buy in bulk and get a whole bunch of gifts for friends, family, choir members, and church worship teams.
Great for stocking stuffers, your bible study, or whoever else you think may appreciate the gift of music this year (and a huge THANK YOU! to all of you who have supported my music so incredibly this year).
Rick Lee James Sale Items on Amazon these links for only $4.99:
Rick Lee James
In light of so many things happening in our world, not the least of these being record breaking hurricanes, Rick Lee James takes a few moments to consider DACA in light of Matthew 25. Who are the strangers mentioned by Jesus in this well known parable?